Coordination of Development Activities
- acts as a project coordinator to facilitate the provision of public facilities and services
- collaborates with other departments and agencies to ensure the smooth implementation of the various projects.
Landuse Planning and Administration
- plans and administers the land within the designated area
- processes all applications for land development to ensure that land use conforms to the overall planning of the area.
Local Authority Functions
Performs the local authority functions including (but not limited to) the followings:-
- Town cleaning works
- Grass cutting works
- Maintenance of recreational facilities, parks and landscaped areas
- Drain cleaning
- Scavenging works
- Enforcement of Local Authority By-laws
- Sanitation works
Social and Sports Projects
- Build indoors and outdoors sports facilities
- Undertake the construction of recreational facilities such as the public swimming pool, the 18-hole golf course, the Wildlife Park (Taman Tumbina), etc.
- Construct various social and community projects such as the Dewan Suarah, Community Halls, Mosques, modern markets and hawker centres, traffic gardens, etc.
Industrial Estate Development
Developed the following industrial estates complete with infrastructure and utilities to cater for the needs of the industrialists:
- Bintulu Light Industrial Estate for small factories
- Kidurong Light Industrial Estate for light and medium-scale industries
- Kemena Industrial Estate for timber-based industries and related timber activities.
- Kidurong Industrial Area (KINDA)
- Jepak Industrial Estate
Commercial Buildings Development
- Build commercial shophouses through subsidiary companies and/or on joint-venture with local developers.
- Staff quarters
- Public Housing e.g. Low and Medium Low-Cost Houses
- Resettlement Schemes
- Road and drainage construction and maintenance
- Watermains and central sewerage systems